Creating a summer.

1.28.2012


It ain't a summer without camping. When I was little that involved pitching a tent at Matai Bay or Tawharanui, but this time around my camping trip was a fake.

We were shooting a story on glamping in New Zealand, so we stuffed our cars with all the accoutrements a ridiculously stylish (if high-maintenance) couple might take along and set up camp.

At the end of a very long day of pictures, we made a bonfire. (Okay, Jim made a bonfire.)


You never know exactly what you'll end up needing for a shoot, and by the end of the day I'd exhausted all the clothing options I'd brought for our models, Kelsey and Pepe. Esther and I were surprise additions to the shot above so she's wearing a skirt as a scarf (split second improvisation) while I've just got what I'd been running around all day in. Striped jumpers: suitable for every occasion!

Luckily it doesn't take long to get into character for marshmallow-toasting.


These pictures are by the talented Amanda Reelick & we all want to go glamping for real at Wainamu Safari Tents.

No comments:

Post a Comment